Europa-List: cowling hardware

Subject: Europa-List: cowling hardware
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 06:56:10

Hello All,  I'm about to hang the 914 and fit the cowling before I do all
the filling on the fuselage. I was wondering what others have done besides
using the supplied screws and nutplates. I was thinking of going with 1/4
turn fasteners. Can they be used for attaching the cowl to the fuse? Any
tips on the best fasteners?

The fitting of the cowling sounds like some filling will be needed at its
junction with the fuse. Past conversations on this forum lead me to think I
should approach the fuse finishing this way. I better get the windshield in
too. Comments?

Thanks for all the help guys,  Kevin
                                           N211KA, (someday)
                                           Bishop CA