Europa-List: spelling query

Subject: Europa-List: spelling query
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:00:04

Always trying to get my data more accurate, I'm hoping to tidy up the
records of first flight pilots.

I noticed I have several spellings of the guy who's done a number of
first flights of Europas in the Florida area. His first name is Lee,
but is his surname Olmernik, Omernick, Omernik, or maybe something
different from any of those?

Likewise there are two names very similar who have also done first
flights in USA; I have both T Henrub and T Hinyub, which sounds like
a typo or mis-hearing somewhere down the line.

Is the F Chapman who's done some French first flights the same as
Frank Chapman who's done some from English soil?

What about G Beale - is he the same as Gordon Beal, and which
spelling is correct?

Finally, is J Price the same as John Price?

I'm sure you all have engraved on your heart the name of the person
who first flew your creation, so I haven't bothered to add the
registration marks of the Europas involved. I'd like to hear from
anyone who can give authoritative answers, please!

regards

Rowland