Europa-List: New Tailwheel, old engine mount???????

Subject: Europa-List: New Tailwheel, old engine mount???????
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:05:32

Gidday,
I am wondering about my setup preference of the new tailwheel with the old
engine mount, the old cowls and the consequent low prop clearance. I am
wondering if prop clearance is the only consequence,and how significant
this is? I am aware that the new tailwheel reducing the deck angle no doubt
promoted the engine to go higher, and therefore give much the same prop
clearance. Europa think it appropriate to up the engine, but I like the old
cowls, the 912S, and the new tailwheel. This is my chosen configuration,
this week. Any advice with this will be happily appreciated.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia