Re: Europa-List: OV protection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: OV protection
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:13:04

Fred,
        The capacitor must be attached to the output of the alternator
irrespective of the down stream items.  I talked to my Rotax factory guru
"Glen" about what is necessary.   As long as the cap is in the circuit,
no load is necessary for stable alternator.  I run my Rotax unit with no
load and I did not want to have it not work when I needed it.  Transit
glitches are best handled by the battery as you stated. So, my 40A system
is running smooth....
        Yes your getting close.  You will enjoy the Europa as it a nice
flying airplane.  It flys like other airplanes.  You know, pull the stick
back and it and things get smaller, push the stick forward and things get
bigger,     :-)))       But the difference is, it is one YOU made and
when fine tuned,  it gets where you want smartly or cheaply by your
choice.

Jim Nelson