RE: Europa-List: Vacuum lines on 914 engine

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Vacuum lines on 914 engine
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:37:44

While I can not tell you what tubing you should use, I can tell you that it
definitely should not be most types of Tygon.  If you go to
http://www.tygon.com/new/tg_index.html (and drill down to "chemical
properties") you can check the chemical resistance of Tygon and you will
find that most varieties are NOT RECOMMENDED for either lubricating oil or
gasoline, ergo, it would not be appropriate under the cowl where it could be
exposed to either.  The manufacturer does indicate that certain specific
varieties of Tygon are EXCELLENT for these applications, so choose
carefully.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070