Re: Europa-List: Door latch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door latch
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:01:43

In a message dated 5/28/2003 11:57:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
david.glauser@xpsystems.com writes:

> If the stiffness comes from the bid rather than the pipe, why use a pipe?
> Wrap a piece of it in plastic wrap, then cover in bid. Remove the pipe when
> cured. Heck, you could cover a dowel, cardboard tube, or a length of garden
> hose.

I think he uses the pipe as a mold to give a nice, uniform semi-round shape
to the raceway. It says on his site that he cuts it down to 40% round and then

notches it where it meets the door sill. I would probably use a radial arm saw

to rip the pipe to 40% round. Although it doesn't specifically say, I think
he's leaving the pipe in. Seems like it would be hard to cut a dowel down to
40% round and if you couldn't get it out you wouldn't have a hole to run.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245