Europa-List: Weather station

Subject: Europa-List: Weather station
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 17:39:25

Folks,

Just a further development to our weather station at our farm strip we have
today added Wap access. It works a treat. I know a few have expressed
interest in getting something similar running.

For Wap!! real time info on our weather the address is
http://www.eastyorkshire.co.uk/eddsfield/wxdata

for internet access it is
http://www.eastyorkshire.co.uk/eddsfield/wxdata/eddsfield.htm

I'm going to find the new wap page good for accessing wind speed direction
and qfe etc before setting back to the field.

Anyone looking at it this evening will find it is not quite up to date due
to a major power failure in the area hence no power to the PC. Other than
that its very reliable now.

Regards

Kevin

The station consists of an Oragon Scientific  WMR-968 weather station
connected to a pc running Weather Display software.

The hardware is fairly straight forward and consists of four remote sensors
reporting data to the main unit which records and displays the information.
This is linked to the pc via a serial cable.

The web cam image is produced with an old inter web cam mounted in a home
made external enclosure. Pictures are grabbed every hour and Weather Display
posts them to the site when it uploads on the hour.

http://www.weatherfront.biz/ for the unit at 399

http://www.ambientweather.com/Default.asp for the software

---