Re: Europa-List: Weather station

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Weather station
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:07:37

A lot of our unmanned strips now have automatic weather stations
(AWIB's) which transmit the current weather conditions when you click
transmit on their frequency four times. The system can't be too
expensive otherwise the private strip owners wouldn't put them in. I'll
have a ferret around and find out who makes them.<

Thanks Tony. The only trouble is that in the UK we are having difficulty
even trying to get an equivalent to a Unicom frequency so the chances of me
being allowed a frequency for the above purpose is extremely remote.

I am hoping that there is something which could use the short range no
licence walkie talkie transceivers. Perhaps the products you are referring
to can be adapted to use these products?

Regards

Nigel