RE: Europa-List: Weather station

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Weather station
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:52:36

>>> Is there a weather station you can buy where you can receive the
information in your aircraft? Most of these stations only have a 100m
range. It would be very useful to get accurate wind information at an
unmanned strip before landing without having to rely on just a windsock.

A lot of our unmanned strips now have automatic weather stations
(AWIB's) which transmit the current weather conditions when you click
transmit on their frequency four times. The system can't be too
expensive otherwise the private strip owners wouldn't put them in. I'll
have a ferret around and find out who makes them.

Tony