Europa-List: Cooling Air Baffle

Subject: Europa-List: Cooling Air Baffle
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:03:37

HI List,

I am running down ideas for improving the engine cooling and also improving
the engine over cooling in descent and with the engine shut down in flight.
One Idea I have had for a while is to incorporate the "cooling air baffle"
that I have seen on some Rotax installations. Specifically, I have seen the
diamond extreme with a single air intake going directly into this part, which
forces cooling air down over the cylinder bases. I have two questions:

1. Has anyone tried to use owe of these parts on a Europa installation? The
part number is 945-795.

2. Does anyone know what this part costs? I have looked it up in the
California power systems catalog and it seems to be over $500 -- an amazing
price for a fiberglass baffle.

Any ideas on this?

The Mini U2 now has 21 hours of flight time, flown up to and over gross, has
a tail wheel fairing now and is running very well -- after the first oil
change.

Dave
A227
Mini U2