Re: Europa-List: Cooling Air Baffle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling Air Baffle
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:32:20

In a message dated 3/14/2003 8:37:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
KarkelB@aol.com writes:

>       i have the cooling air baffle and its going onto my 914. Europa
> do sell a mold that allows you to insatll the baffle. I bought mine from my
>
> local rotax agaent. He performed tests on its effectiveness and there was a
>
> 10 degree reduction in CHT temps.

That is what I thought might be the case.

> Indeed it is expensive, but you can also buy it from anyone who has a 912s
> but doesn't use it. I will ask my agent if he has one lying around his
> garage
> and bring it over to sun&fun if you want. I got mine from him for $120.00
> removed from a 912s. You will need your rotax agent to install it as it
> involves movement of the engine frame. Are you coming to sun&fun?

I am planning to go to S&F and being there for the weekend of the 5th. I
would be very interested in getting one of these baffles, so if it is
possible, I would be able to buy one there. I would like to see how it is
mounted. I would hope to be able to avoid involving anyone else in the
installation. Where I live, it is not easy to get people out here.

Are you going to create a separate opening for the air inlet into this
cooling baffle? I would think you could do away with the two holes in the
front in that case. I know the diamond extreme has only one opening in the
front and it is for the scat tube that goes to this baffle. The routing of
the scat tube is a little challenging, because of the exhaust and the oil
pressure sender.

Maybe I'll see you at S&F?

Dave