RE: Europa-List: aileron mass balancing

Subject: RE: Europa-List: aileron mass balancing
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:26:45

I would add an extra tip.

Carve about half an inch off the forward/top radius of the lead before you
bond it to the aileron.  There is way too much weight in the lead, (I ended
up drilling three x 1/2 inch holes through to balance mine.  If you take
this top/ forward edge off first, it reduces the amount you need to drill
out later and also reduces the chance of it hitting the top of the box or
wing at full deflection.  Once again a tip that Neville gave to me.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS