Re: Europa-List: Windscreen and Windows

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Windscreen and Windows
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:15:43

>In looking at the different options that Europa lists for their windscreens
and windows, I was wondering if the prices are justified. Does it really
cost
another $200 to put a vent in one window? or $200 to add a bulge for the
bugeye windows? or $310 for a thicker windshield?<

If you want good ventilation for less money you could look at using a pair
of eyeball vents in combination with an outward opening flap in the overhead
panel which is what I have done. This provides a good supply of air very
close to the head where you need it. The cost is the price of two eyeball
vents plus a few items of hardware, some 'bid', resin and a piece of 3mm ply
for reinforcing.

Nigel Charles