Re: Europa-List: Door locks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door locks
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:47:13

Hi Dave,

I have done something similar, but you will find that the door skin
needs to be re-enforced from the inside. Otherwise it is too
flexible when someone tries to open the door with some force.
No lock is really secure, it merely helps to stop people from
playing with the controls etc.. The lock could be disabled within seconds by
drilling it out with a hole saw. I saved myself work
by installing only one lock on the P1 side. The other door is locked
---From the inside (only on the ground) with a pip pin that goes through
the door handle guard and the handle. Saves me from going around
the airplane every time I want to lock/unlock.

Karl