Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS 10

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS 10
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:58:19

OOOPS...

I have to admit, though, I like Dynon's approach to product introduction.
They delayed product introduction for a year ( and refused deposits ) until
they could solve some problems with the gyro erection system that arose
in alpha testing.  They designed their own strapdown magnetometer to meet
the cost targets for the instrument because off-the-shelf technology for it
cost
$800.  And they defined a single, simple product and focused on getting it
out.

BMA was first out with a more sophisticated "product", but they've had a
very public lesson in why you don't do your R&D with paying customers,
nor without a functioning business management in place first.  In fairness,
they've
responded to every complaint that's been brought up, and now EFIS-1 is
shaping up to be an impressive system.

It would be very interesting if the Lancair folks held a face-off between
the
Dynon and BMA PFDs.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this...

Shaun