Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS 10

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS 10
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:40:53

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony S. Krzyzewski" <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Subject: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS 10
         > For those outside of the USA who have been considering an EFIS-10
from
> Dynon. I read through the manual last night and noticed one glaring
> ommission - the ability to set barometric pressure in millibars. I
> immediately sent an email off to them and got this reply this morning
> ....>
> "We will not have the barometric setting in millibars upon the release> of
the
> EFIS-D10.  I have added this to the list of features that needed to be>
added
> to the EFIS-D10 in the future.>
> Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you, and thank you for>
your
> continued interest.">
> Ooooops. Forgot that the rest of the world exists!> Regards> Tony

Tony,
            Quite. The rest of the world does matter - even if you aren't a
part of it...
However, it was ever thus. It was a matter of routine for every supply pilot
to carry
a table of equivalent pressure data, since half the WW II aircraft carried
milli-
things and half inches. We must be thankful they dropped mm Hg and freizes.
            Just another small planet omission.
Ferg