Europa-List: Cruise speed. was:Europa club members-only area

Subject: Europa-List: Cruise speed. was:Europa club members-only area
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:47:31

I wonder what Dennis V. is seeing out in California? Does anyone have the real
numbers?

Cheers,
Pete
A239

        In cruise configuration at 75% power, at sea level altitude the Europa
        is a 130-135 knot airplane.  Doesn't matter whether you have a turbo
        engine, a CS prop, Trigear or mono, speed kit or not, light build or
        heavy...........that's it!  I have a standing wager for $1,000 to anyone
        who can show me 200 mph ground speed over a two way course at 75% power
        and at altitudes not requiring IFR clearance, I.E. below 18,000 feet.

        Any takers?

        Regards,

        Garry V. Stout