Re: How sacred are the sacred six?

Subject: Re: How sacred are the sacred six?
From: R.K. Hallett III <reddog@gbis.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:37:26
Thanks for all the input on this subject.  I too have been trying
decide, just what needs to be in the panel and the DI seems unnecessary.

Ralph
MG Reno, NV

david joyce wrote:

A big Amen to James Nelson's decision to make the sacred six into five.
The DI is an expensive , time consuming, power consuming, heavy
instrument which IMHO has become totally useless with the introduction
of the GPS. It puzzles me how many new Europas still appear with a DI
mounted alongside a very expensive GPS,which probably has a built in HSI
facility, offering everything a DI does and loads more as well.  David
Joyce