Re: Rudder fitting

Subject: Re: Rudder fitting
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:35:55
I just went through this myself and concurr.  I started with 1/4" removal and
then did another 1/4" plus beveling on the inside edge along the whole length.
wasn't so afraid to do this because of how much I found I had to take off the
trailing edge of the wing for clearance on flaps and ailerons.

Something for those that are following - because of the amount that is trimmed
off the port side of the fin and rudder post, adhesive should be applied over
the entire width(depth) of the surfaces that come in contact with the
fuselage/fin.  Because it seems so wide the tendency is to not do the full
depth.  As mentioned much of the trailing edge on the port side gets trimmed for
rudder clearance, and if adhesive is not full width, bond line could end up
being pretty narrow.

I split the difference at the top of the rudder, carving somthing akin to an "S"
shape in the verticle stab cap and some out of the rudder.

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS Jabiru 3300

href="http://mail.cswebmail.com/jump/http://www.europaclub.org.uk>">http://www.europaclub.org.uk>;

> The Europa Club website is at <<a