Re: Battery in Front or Back?

Subject: Re: Battery in Front or Back?
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:49:23
DvdPar@aol.com wrote:

>Could you detail Tech. Specs of your battery Odyssy 545??
>Thanks DAve Park

Hi Dave,

I punched 'Odyssey PC 545' into my trusty GOOGLE and came up with some
websites with details. The factory site at
 http://www.odysseyfactory.com/specs.htm probably has the best summary.
I was surprised to see that they rate it at 12AH, I thought it was 16AH.
Anyway, Bob Berube recommended it and I can testify that it works fine.
I have had mine for about 3 years now as I bought it a bit early during
construction. I have been using it and flying it for a year now, my 912S
engine fires at the 2nd turn pretty well every start. 912 and 914
engines will probably crank easier due to lower Compression Ratio. No
sign of any deterioration in capacity.  I mounted it on the firewall
shelf and have no CG problem.

Cheers, John

N262WF, XS mono, 912S, WhirlWind C/S prop