sticky poxy

Subject: sticky poxy
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:50:42
I am filling & sanding my flying surfaces at present.  Most of the major
filling & sanding is done but I mixed a batch of filler about a week ago
which is still sticky. I used factory supplied ampreg and expancell. I was
filling in some small dents and 'craters' so I smoothed a very thin layer
over the whole surface and finished it off by running a warm spatula over.
It hasn't gone off properly. It feels slightly tacky to the touch and my
sandpaper clogs up very quickly with sticky blobs when I try to rub it back.

I wondered if it might be Amine Blush so have tried scrubbing the surfaces
both with a vinegar solution and with a detergent solution but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem. If so, what have I done wrong
and  how do I avoid a repetition.  Also any suggestions how I might remove
this sticky mess so that I can start again.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS (was filling & sanding, now twiddling my thumbs!)