Re: Cowl NACA Vent

Subject: Re: Cowl NACA Vent
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:25:38
Ira,
        Go the effort to move the air inlet to the area where the 914
gets its air. Put your filter and inlet in the area where the lower NACA
vent is located.  I got the 914 sheet metal to close off the area and
create a perfect place to get the air.  Run the red duct up to the inlet
box and that gets rid of the possibility of water in the engine.  Cool
ram air.  Takes a bit of work but I like it.

Jim Nelson
N15JN

> Greetings All!
>
> Happy and prosperous New Year
> Tailwinds too!
>
> In mounting my engine recently down at FlightCrafters and now
> mentally
> preparing (in New York)
> to place the suggested NACA vent inlet over the airbox, I unleased a
> query
> within my fevered brow.
> When flying in rain, how do you keep the  engine from drowning?  (I
> know -
> dont fly in the rain!  ;-) )
>
> TIA,
>
> Ira