Re: filling & sanding

Subject: Re: filling & sanding
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:58:05
Smooth the filler with a heated metal spatula (e.g. a wide paint scraper).
You can apply the heat directly to the back of the spatula as you draw it
across the surface of the filler.

This process helps get the filler on in the first place and can be repeated
once the filler has started to go off. The latter operation is excellent at
removing bubbles (which of course later become pin-holes that have to be
filled).

Duncan McFadyean

On Friday, January 03, 2003 6:45 AM, Richard [SMTP:riddon@btinternet.com]
wrote:
> I have just returned to filling & sanding my flying surfaces on my Xs
Tri.