filling & sanding

Subject: filling & sanding
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 06:44:37
I have just returned to filling & sanding my flying surfaces on my Xs Tri.

I have used the factory supplied 'expancell' & I am finding that whenever I
sand the filler back to a fine layer then use my airline or a brush to
remove the dust, a number of small 'craters' appear as if there were bubbles
trapped beneath the filler which I am exposing.  I have filled & sanded some
of my surfaces three times now and the craters don't seem to be getting any
less.

I have also tried some superfil on some surfaces but am not sure that this
makes the job any better.

Any suggestions?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS