Re: Cold Starting Rotax 914

Subject: Re: Cold Starting Rotax 914
From: Eamonn Sheridan <ESheridan@telepub.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:01:36
We experienced the same thing last year, so we bought a portable jump start
pack from Argos for 44 it is excellent but a little heavy to take on a trip
with you.  We also bought an Optimate NiCad battery charger 44 from a motor
cycle shop.  When the aircraft is in the hanger we leave it on charge for a
day or so and it keeps that battery in tip top condition.  It charges at a
very low trickle rate and stops charging when the battery is fully charged.
It is well worth the money.

Eamonn & Paul
G-ROOV