Re: Wing alignment

Subject: Re: Wing alignment
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:00:11
Bill, Neville told me that trimming 1/8" off the socket is OK. The pin is
not at exactly a right angle to the wing root on mine. A friend is a
engineer/machinist looked at it and we took off .125 at the center at an
angle that gave .150 at the rear and .100 front of socket. Now when I slip
the socket on the pin it mates nice and even to the wing root. However with
the wings set properly I still have a bit pressure on the socket from the
fuse side where I believe we should have a 1mm free space before redux? And
this is since I ground through the four layers of bid on the outside of the
fuse in the shape of the socket base. The pin protrudes only to the alum
plate, the rounded end part is about to the inboard side of the plate. And I
have the four layers of bid on the inside of the fuse. Not at all sure what
to do, Neville? Help!
Kevin