Wing alignment

Subject: Wing alignment
From: Wil McClellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:04:19
In setting up the wings for correct angle of incidence (2.5 deg +or - .05)
is simple enough to accomplish but I have a potential problem with the
forward and aft sweep.  Holding the fuselage in place I can put adequate
pressure to get the wing sweep corrected but I question that even with the
pin sockets properly set including the rear pin tie bar inplace, the wings
won't still return to at least some of the incorrect sweep.  Both my wings
are about equal in rearward sweep.  This will put the tie bar in
compression. I estimate I have to put 6-7 pounds of forward pressure on the
wing tips to get the correct position.   Maybe this ultimately will be
corrected out with the tie bar but has anyone found they had to do extra
correction for this problem.

Thanks,
Bill McClellan
A164