Re: Access Door in fuselage

Subject: Re: Access Door in fuselage
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:33:46
Cliff,
I too would love the odd digital picture of your door setup. I have had a look
at Paul Mc Allisters and I imagine yours will not be a lot different. If you
could copy a couple that would be great.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia
Classic, no idea what engine or undercarriage yet, but working on it.

From: "Steve Hagar" <hagargs@earthlink.net>
>Subject:  Access Door in fuselage
>

>Has anyone made a hinged door with one of those spring loaded flush
>fitting aircraft door catches for the bottom of the fuselage for
>gascolator and sump drains? I would like to hear of any pratfall before
>I start sawing extra holes in the fuselage. My plan is to make a nice
>thick aluminum (ium!) pattern so I get a good hole cut out as well as to
>serve as a pattern for the actual door. I suppose the door should be
>made thicker to hold its shape since it won't be cinched down with
>mutliple screws. Also my thoughts weren't to make the door big enough to
>get my hand totally around the gascolator bowl since it won't be removed
>at every check. I would gain access through the baggage bay panel. The
>outside door would allow the bowl to just drop out . Any thoughts?
>ThanksSteveA143Mesa,
>AZ --- Steve Hagar--- hagargs@earthlink.net

Reg
Tony Renshaw