Aluminum Prep

Subject: Aluminum Prep
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 01:08:40
I'm just getting into the wings on my XS Trigear. All of the aluminum parts
that I have used so far were being bonded into the epoxy. So I used DX503
Metal Cleaner followed by DX533 Alodine. But now I'm getting into parts that
are gonna be inside the wings but not inside epoxy. Bellcranks and arms and
stuff. Is this cleaner/alodine prep sufficient or should everything now also
be powder coated or zinc cromated? I guess the same could be asked for all
the metal stuff inside the fuselage. If all this stuff were to be taken some
place to have them do the coating all at once, how do you know what parts are
what part number when you get them back?
Not wanting to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Mike