Re: Stall Warner Kit

Subject: Re: Stall Warner Kit
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:29:38
Paul, I have done this on my closed up and painted XS wing, using the
factory kit. It was a straightforward job, less demanding than many of the
other things you will already have done on the plane. However getting it to
work was another question! I liked the idea of fitting it on the port wing
so that all my 'plumbing' connections were on the same side. Europa said
that they chose starboard to ensure that you could not confuse stall warner
with pitot static, but that it should work equally well on port side. As my
pitot static tubes emerge aft of the spar and the S.W. tube forward of spar
there is no possibility of wrong connections. I did ask about the spiral
prop wash influencing air flow direction but was told that as the SW opening
is outboard of the direct propeller shadow this should not affect its
function. Unfortunately I have found that the stall warner seems to act in
the reverse sense coming on as I go faster rather than when approaching
stall speed. I am still working on it but would caution against fitting it
port side. Regards, David