Re: Rotax 912 Oil Pressure Sender

Subject: Re: Rotax 912 Oil Pressure Sender
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:49:52
Actually, mine has the XS cowls (but a Classic engine mount).

Duncan McFadyean.

On Wednesday, December 04, 2002 8:02 PM, Roger Anderson
[SMTP:Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk] wrote:
> Further to the correspondence earlier this year about pressure sender
failures, I suffered two in under 180 hours (one of which was the modified
sender with a vibration damping ring) and decided to follow Duncan
McFadean's example of a remote mounting. Whereas Duncan has the Classic
cowls I have the XS cowls and I have been able to mount the sender
completely remotely from the engine, on top of the cooling air duct
immediately below the oil pump. If anyone is interested the PFA mod. No. is
10708 and it relates to G-BXTD. The cost of  0.3 metres of Speedflex (SS
braided Teflon hose) from Earl's Performance Products UK Ltd. of
Silverstone, together with all fittings P&P and VAT was ?17.80p.
> The proof of the pudding is yet to be tested but since Skydrive blamed
the failures on vibration I am hopeful of a favourable result.
> Roger.
>
> P.S. to my last posting on oil filters - the retail price is about ?4.50p
each, not ?9.00p.