Rotax 912 Oil Pressure Sender

Subject: Rotax 912 Oil Pressure Sender
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:01:57
Further to the correspondence earlier this year about pressure sender failures,
I suffered two in under 180 hours (one of which was the modified sender with
a vibration damping ring) and decided to follow Duncan McFadean's example of a
remote mounting. Whereas Duncan has the Classic cowls I have the XS cowls and
I have been able to mount the sender completely remotely from the engine, on
top of the cooling air duct immediately below the oil pump. If anyone is
interested
the PFA mod. No. is 10708 and it relates to G-BXTD. The cost of  0.3 metres
of Speedflex (SS braided Teflon hose) from Earl's Performance Products UK
Ltd. of Silverstone, together with all fittings P&P and VAT was 17.80p.
The proof of the pudding is yet to be tested but since Skydrive blamed the
failures
on vibration I am hopeful of a favourable result.
Roger.

P.S. to my last posting on oil filters - the retail price is about 4.50p each,
not 9.00p.