Re: Baggage bay bulkhead to fuselage

Subject: Re: Baggage bay bulkhead to fuselage
From: Dave Simpson <davesimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:12:30
Niels

I've done this, and it's not really that hard if you get yourself
comfortable, but achieving this comfort includes incorporation of  the
stiffening mod you mention.  Use plastic sheet to wet out off the job of
course.

I used Mike Costin's suggestion (and mould tool) to make a simple top hat
section beam of kevlar/carbon tape on the top of the hat and two plies of
bid down the sides.  Weighed around 80 grams and when bonded to the back of
the bagage bay cutout, stiffened it immensely.

Good luck

Dave Simpson