Re: SLIME

Subject: Re: SLIME
From: Nobody <foo@bar.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:07:27
Hi William.

Having given some thoughts to the jacking problem, I don't think you have to
design such a heavy wedge as you suggest. Why not make the wedge out of foam
(!) packed in some 4 or 5 layers of bid - with an aluminum plate embedded at
the base to take the load? To keep it in position underneath the swinging
arm two small bolts is protruding at the top to mate with holes through the
swinging arm. It dosn't have to be fastened with nuts - just hold the wedge
in place while positioning the jack (or use a small piece of double sided
tape to hold it in position).

This light weight wedge could be a part of your permanent repair kit. Should
this foam construction prove to be fragile - make one out of wood.

Of course two small holes have to be drilled through the base of the
swinging arm to provide access to the wedge bolts - and I suppose the
factory would like to have a word on that.

Cheers,
Hans.