SLIME

Subject: SLIME
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:25:05
I know that there has been quite a lot of discussion about Europa punctures
in the past and I have been given the subject some considerable thought
especially as I was unable to rotate my brake caliper from the standard
factory position - due to fouling the rudder cables (ie: pointing directly
downward).

As I understand things a puncture on a mono europa usually results in the
tube casing being shredeed by the brake caliper and also jacking the
aircraft up to change the tyre is not very easy. I had intended to modify a
trolly jack to enable me to lift the aircraft in such a situation.

Thinking back to my microlighting days I remember we used to use a compound
in our tyres that effectively made them self sealing (in the event of a
puncture) but couldnt remember where we got this stuff. Fortunately I came
accross a source of supply whilst surfing the internet. Cost 10.00 per
pack - enough for three microlight tyres (so presumably one Europa mono
wheel)

The URL is http://www.dadirect.co.uk/pages/enginemaint.htm

I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried this product on their
Europa but in any event I will probably be investing in a can of the stuff
unless someone knows why I shouldnt !

Looking forward to your comments.

Interestingly enough this product is sold under the trade name of "SLIME !"

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS