Monowheel jacking

Subject: Monowheel jacking
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:26:59

> Having given some thoughts to the jacking problem, I don't think you have
> design such a heavy wedge as you suggest.

I made one up out of 7/8" ply which is in a sort of horseshoe shape. It has
bolts protruding through the ends of the horseshoe which locate in the 'U'
of the swinging arm. There is a wedge on the opposite side of the horseshoe
at the mid point, which provides a horizontal surface under which any sort
of jack can be placed. No attachment is required as it will be held in place
by the jack and the weight of the aircraft. It is fairly substantial but I
bored lightening holes in it and it now weighs 1lb. 2oz.
I carry it with me all the time in the hope that having it with me will mean
that I never have to use it!
    Roger, G-BXTD