Re: Panel removal

Subject: Re: Panel removal
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@ukmicrolights.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:28:31
Simon,

Thanks for that and having had a closer look I now see that the throttle,
carb heat and mixture are actually mounted on a separate plate behind the
panel therefore I believe they will stay in place (at least mounted on said
plate) when I remove the panel.

As for a good reason to remove it well that's a matter of debate. There
nothing broken but I would like to make improvements. The Autopilot wont
interface with the GPS as it should, not a necessity but would be nice. I
want to fit a panel light just incase I arrive back at dusk one day, purely
for a back up and peace of mind etc. I want to mount my 295 in to the panel
rather than having to look down at it as the only place it will currently
mount is on top of the tunnel. My intercom picks up all kind of crap noise
which is bearable but not ideal so I want to replace that and ensure it is
screened and suppressed. I do also feel knowing what's behind the panel and
how it works builds more confidence in the aircraft, might sound daft to
some but as I didn't build it I have a desire to understand it.

Kind regards

Kev T