Low RPM rough running

Subject: Low RPM rough running
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:22:06
Folks,

I had a intermittent problem today with rough running at low rpm 2500-3000
rpm on my Subaru. It cleared by leaning the engine then going back to fully
rich was then OK again apart from once or twice but generally I was able to
replicate it enough times to confirm leaning did solve the problem. The
first time I noticed it was immediately on start up from cold on the first
run of the day, it got rough I leaned it then put it back to fully rich and
it stopped! I'm thinking along the lines that it may be possibly plug
fouling or just somehow the slow running jet is too rich? I haven't had the
plugs out yet but will next time I'm at the field. I incidentally it does
run rich and always has done other Subaru owner I have spoken to have always
leaned even on the ground, to assist in avoiding fouling.

Its been as sweet as a nut since I got it and I've done 50 hours in the last
3 months and never seen a suggestion of this before. Plugs are only about
15-20 hours old.

Any suggestions appreciated (other than put a 912 in which I'm sure some of
you are muttering under your breath right now)

Kev T