Re: Panel Removal

Subject: Re: Panel Removal
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:18:34
Kevin,
  the best way to find out is to check with the guy you bought it off - he has
probably had the panel out before, or spoke to the builder about it.
 They can be installed in various ways: There may be sub-panels holding throttle
bits and c/b's, mag switches, which have been designed to stay in the aircraft
when the panel is removed.
 before you undo the cables at the engine end, it would be worth checking to see
that they are 'tinned' - if not, get your soldering gun and wick a bit of solder
into the ends to stop them unravelling; also mark the cable positions where
the grub screws are.
  Most important, when pulling the thing out of the aircraft, put something like
a towel over the panel edges to protect the perspex...
chus,
dave

> I'm hoping to take my panel out of the Europa in the next couple of days and
am quite confident with disconnecting the electrics and air systems however I'm
not sure about disconnecting the throttle, carb hear and mixture controls,
(Subaru)
which are mounted on the panel. Which end will I disconnect them at or
do they unscrew at the panel end. Any advice appreciated.