fuel tank

Subject: fuel tank
From: R.K. Hallett III <reddog@gbis.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:48:43
I have a question about the fuel tank install.
Following the instructions, I have the spacers holding the luggage bay
back at 323mm.  However, when I tilt the tank back to touch the aft wall
it rotates the lower portion into the spar box.  All this without any
spacers between the tank and cockpit module. The trick at this point is
to rotate it enough to clear the controls, fuel out lets and not so much
as to compromise the spar box.  Anyone else have this problem?  What was
your solution?

Thanks,
Ralph Hallett
MotorGlider XS