Re: Rudder pedals and their travels

Subject: Re: Rudder pedals and their travels
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:09:21
Ferg and all,

Another thought for the stab counterweight cables, you say you are
thinking of putting turnbuckles to enable adjustment.
I found when crimping the sleeves, that it was very difficult to get the
same tension on the two sides to center the arm.
But instead of adding the weight of the turnbuckles, I turned the cable
where it loops around the shaft just the little bit it needed to center
the arm and secured the cable with a few loops of lockwire between the
cable and the pin that holds the nylon bush.

Alex, kit 529.