Re: Rudder pedals and their travels

Subject: Re: Rudder pedals and their travels
From: AlanB <aopd37@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:21:47
On the question of tension for the counterweight cables I did it this way:

Form the loop round the TP10 on the torque tube on one side as per manual.
Thread one continuous length of cable through all the cable ends and sleeves
and
lugs on the counterweight rod TP18 and then form the loop round the TP10 on
the other side. This gives you a loop of cable between the TP18 lugs with
one length
of cable beteen the two sides of the torque tube.

You need to make sure you have all the right bits threaded onto the cable
before
compressing anything.

Compress the sleeves to make the cable loops round TP10

You now need to tension the cable. I placed a luggage strap with a tensioner
ratchet through
the loop of cable near the lugs and then stretched it to the rear of the
fuselage and round
a wood block braced against the rear of the fuselage.

Tighten the ratchet and tension the luggage strap keeping the tension on the
cable even.

Careful does it so you don't stress anything  and when you are happy with
the tension
on the cable do up the nicpress sleeeves near the lugs.

If you threaded all the bits right you should now be able to trim the excess
loop of
cable between the lugs and you have two cables tensioned how you want them.

I managed all this single handed, so only managed to fall out with myself
and had only
two hands in the way rather than four!

I finished off the cable ends with HeatShrink tube.

Alan

From: "Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg" <kaarsber@terra.com.br>