Re: CAA Medicals and the NPPL

Subject: Re: CAA Medicals and the NPPL
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:41:22
William, Those of us who glide in France have had to have French medicals
for many years until this year when they at long last decided that they
could accept a UK class2 medical. They are certainly dramatically cheaper,
generally in the  30 range, and tend to be simpler, but not I suspect any
easier to pass. I could let you have names in Chatellerault and Chauvigny
(both in central France just South of the Loire, and with nice, cheap
airfields) but no doubt you could get a complete list by writing to the
Civil Aviation Direction listed in the French Bottlang for the region you
plan to visit. One doctor I know has for years been content to ignore the
fact that a friend only had one working eye, but this year he made the
mistake of seeing a different one who refused him a medical, as no doubt
would any CAA doctor.  David Joyce