Re: CAA Medicals and the NPPL

Subject: Re: CAA Medicals and the NPPL
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:42:27
I have been told that a number of ageing pilots, like myself, go to France
for their JAR medicals, because it is cheaper (about 50 Euro! another
example of "Rip-off Britain") and much less onerous to pass.  Unfortunately,
as I have already had a small problem with the CAA / JAR about mine, it is
too late for me to change horses.  I'm afraid I don't know any more details
about the French medics, but if anyone else has had experience of this,
please let us all know.