Re: oil pressure question...

Subject: Re: oil pressure question...
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:22:01
I had a similar problem recently and when I discussed it with Skdrive they
said that the sender was the likely problem.
I replaced the sender and instantly had stable readings again.

Dave Watts G-BXDY

p.s. It seems after talking to a few others that tese go wrong quite
regularly and they have all been amazed that we have managed to get 800
hours out of ours.

>> I recently changed the oil pressure gauge to cure a rapidly fluctuating
indication (far quicker than the oil pressure could feasibly change). I now
have a nice stable reading, excwpt that every so often the needle goes
off-scale at the high end, then slowly returns to normal. There does not yet
seem to be any set of flight conditions or power settings linked to this,
other than I have only ever seen it after 40 to 50 minutes of flight. This
is the only instrument that shows a bad reading. My suspicions are with the
wiring, and I would like to confirm this by using a DVM around the system.