Re: Gear UP warning

Subject: Re: Gear UP warning
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:17:28
A tip - if you use magnets you really need to check that the compass is
not affected in any way!!

Another way which removes any risk of influencing your compass is to use
a couple of sub miniature microswitches. I have successfully used a
combination of microswitches - one in the throttle box operated at the
throttle closed position and one at the centre of the tunnel at the U/C
down gate - wired together such that a warning light appears on the
panel if the throttle is near its closed setting and the gear is not
latched in its down detent. The advantage is that a warning appears only
if the throttle is closed when the gear is not latched down - leading to
minimum distraction - unless you are practicing stalls or descending
very rapidly.
Regards
Roger Mills