Re: Gear UP warning

Subject: Re: Gear UP warning
From: RoddyEuropa@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:14:24
I agree with some of the previous comments - the problem is most likely to be
the
latch rather than the lowering of the wheel. I have put in a latch warning.

I replaced the lower latch bolt with a 6mm cylindrical magnet, and then mounted
a magnetic reed switch on the centre column so that it closes only when the
latch
is down. This lights up a green 'gear down and locked' light. Not yet flown,
or approved, but its simple and there is no mechanical interference with the
original design. All components from RS.

Roddy Kesterton #220