Re: [Flying] Best Glide

Subject: Re: [Flying] Best Glide
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:02:36
I don't think so as the test is done with the prop set course. However mine
and I think other electric props can be challenged by say a Vne dive at low
power followed by a pull up and sudden increase in power. The PFA have asked
me to placard my new CS controller something to the effect of - Set to
manual at not less than 75% pitch before playing hooligans. Not an issue
with an oil driven prop! and not much of an issue with mine as setting
manual is just the flick of a switch. In fact if I wanted to play real safe
the software allows setting a minimum pitch to be used in the cruise
condition which I could make 75% therefore avoiding the need to switch to
manual. I'll consider that after some more experimentation.

Jerry
                    Jerry@ban-bi.com   or    LTS@avnet.co.uk
                    www.Ban-bi.com     or   www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown