Re: Fw: [Flying] Best Glide

Subject: Re: Fw: [Flying] Best Glide
From: Mark Waite <Mark@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:14:04
Sorry to do this Tony, but I have to question your glide descent figure with a
windmilling prop! Both our demonstrators are fitted with Airmaster C/S props and
their performance is without question. But the figure of 1100 fpm descent with
a windmilling prop surprises me. I always demonstrate the aircrafts glide
performance on customer flights and consistently show 600 - 700 fpm at 75 knots
with an idling engine. This reduces by around 100 - 150 fpm if the engine is
stopped. I haven't tried the test with the prop feathered yet but can only
imagine
that figure will improve further!

Regards
Mark Waite
p.s. Thanks for the pictures of you parked on the beach - you lucky sod!!

<info@avnet.co.uk>