Mechanical fuel pump breakdown

Subject: Mechanical fuel pump breakdown
From: Cripps David <david.cripps@spsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:41:32
With reference to all this interesting discussion on fuel systems, someone told
me just recently that if the mechanical fuel pump on the 912 fails it will not
allow fuel to flow past/through it. Can this be correct? If it is the case that
a broken mech pump blocks the fuel flow, then whatever configuration of electric
fuel pumps you may have wouldn't appear to make any difference in this
'disaster scenario'?!

I hope this is not the case, but does anyone know?

David